Monday, June 28, 2004


Entry 2

After about 5 weeks holiday, I started to work although I had my private students during the holiday ...
Teaching private students, I believe, is more enjoyable than teaching a whole class: because first, you choose the materials yourself ; second , it takes less energy and third , because the naughty boy who may make you mad in class, sits moveless listening & paying attention to what you say or ask him to do ...
I have two classes this term . The boys in my class are nice ; of course, I have spent only one session with them ...
After 4 years teaching it's become easier for me to calm them down using of course my own way _ each teacher has their own way of controling the class ...
I've experienced that everything depends on the first session ; in whatever way you behave the first session , you're expected to behave the whole term ... and how do I behave the first session ? It's really far from what I really behave every one ...
I enter the class & greet them kindly , but there is no sign of even a mild smile in my lips ; so serious and strict I start ... and this makes them pull themselves together ... and they remain like this to the end of term ...
Believe me - I'm not that cruel , but for me there is no way except this to control these naughty , playful and of course clever boys ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because I'm beginner in teaching your text and entry,in my opinion was so cool and interesting and I hope your experience in teaching will help me.

Anonymous said...

Your site is very interesting and useful. Thank you!