Wednesday, September 01, 2004


Entry 15

We are in the 29 th rank in the Olympics 2004 !
I didn't expect it ...
When our competition with Israel was cancelled , I was really disappointed ... Watching the lively people from all over the world , even from the poorest countries in Africa where there was no limitation for women , had made me so upset ...
Now I feel happy ...
In comparison with some other countries like Denmark , Argentina , Switzerland , Belgium , Ireland , Mexico , Portugal , ... whose facilities are indeed more than Iran , we can be proud of ourselves now ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think so too. If we compare our countries facilities, then we can realize that we have DONE GREAT.VIVA IRAN,
Nally

Anonymous said...

Well, I must confess to being disappointed that the competition against Israel was cancelled. America has always had racial and ethnic turmoil of some extent even if we are a bit more tolerant of these differences, I think.However, I thought he could have made a much bolder statement by fighting him and defeating him.In America, we revere moments such as Jesse Owens running before Hitler, and winning, at the Munich Olympics; or Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico bowing their heads and lifting their black, leather-covered fists in the air as the American National Anthem played. Those athletes were able to send messages that transcend time and space and will not be forgotten.But, as an American, I probably have a much different view on that issue.I do think that Iran had a fantastic showing during the Athens Olympics and I see that you have many things to be proud of.Big Hugs-Ana

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Ana for your kindness towards me and my country