Saturday, April 16, 2005


Entry 50

I really love reading, from the time I was a kid , I enjoyed reading ...I remember the day when we went to " SHEMSHAK " on a picnic with my aunt and her children who were my age ...While everyone was barbecuing and having fun , I was sitting on a big stone and reading a story eagerly ...Years ago I read more than now ...Looking at my bookcase nowadays, I become badly depressed ...I'd like to take the books one by one and read them, but I can't ... just because I'm so busy... esp. from the time I've started working ...I HAVE time, but not as much as I had before... Sometimes I think it's not just MY fault; these days there are many things to read: books, magazines , newspapers ... & they can be found on paper, on sites ... Internet has doubled them ...I think at this period whatever one can read , they are still behind ... & this is one way of looking at this matter , i.e. being pessimistic ...But I've decided to be optimistic by spending at least 30 minutes everyday on reading ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry.Emily Dickinson Books are the quitest and most consant of friends;they are the most and accessible and wisest of counselors,and the most patient of teachers

Anonymous said...

Very nice poem ... thanks!
Chackavak

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Chackavak,You could already save time by stopping to read newspapers. Here is my definition for them: omissions, lies, halftruths, boredom. So, why pay for this, you get it free on the telly.It might be interesting for your readers to know the titles of your books, one shelf every fortnight.
Cheers
Georg

Anonymous said...

Hi Georg I've tried a lot to stop or decrease reading newspapres, but I can't, because there are some very good articles in them which I believe must be read ... And in Iran the policy of TV and radio is different from that of some newspapers... there are lots of news, articles, debates ... which cannot be found on TV ...By the way, I have lots of classic as well as modern Farsi & English fiction and non- fiction in my bookcase ...I've finished " Of Love & Other Demons " by " Marquez " recently ... and I've started reading " Candida ": a play by " Bernard Shaw " ...I'm also reading " Sophie's World " along with it!Thanks by the way
Chackavak

Anonymous said...

Hallo Chackavak,Thanks for answering. Back on the line.I know Bernard Show. Very witty old guy.He once lent a book to an acquaintance and it came back in very poor condition. So he sent a parcel to this chap with a note saying: "Thanks for returning the book, you forgot however to keep the bookmark. Therefore, I give it back to you".And the bookmark was an old wrotten stinking fish. Ha, ha, ha.By the way, I take the liberty to give you the name of one of my favourite authors.It is Alison Lurie and her best one is "The Truth about Lorin Jones". Really great, I've read it certainly already five times and gave it to lots of friends. Who knows, maybe it is available in your country and you could give it a trial run. I always go till page 33, if it is not good at that point, terminé.Cheers to you.Georg

Anonymous said...

Hi Georg ...
Thanks, I don't know "Alison Lurie"Thanks a lot for introducing her I'll ask about her
Chackavak

Anonymous said...

Dear Chachkavak,These are only EXCUSES which are not a good excuse. Try to find - even a minute - to read and read...
Love,
Nally