Thursday, October 20, 2005

Entry 59

The first time I heard " Noam Chomsky " 's name was when I was studying English Literature at university ...



At that time I knew him as the best & greatest linguist in the world ...
Then I knew that he is not only the best linguist but also a great intellectual whose ideas against monarchy, imperialism, terrorism , Zionism , capitalism and esp. as an American , against the present government of the US are really great , deep and valuable ...
And last night I heard that he has been chosen as the first and best alive intellectual in the WORLD ...
I've always tried to read his articles as well as his weblog ...
You can see them here :
Noam Chomsky's official website :

http://www.chomsky.info

Noam Chomsky's weblog :

http://www.chomsky.info/bios.htm

I admire him greatly ...
The interesting point is that " Shirin Ebadi " _ the Iranian Nobel Peace Prize Winner in 2003 _ is the twelfth ...



and " Mohammad Khatami " _ the former president of Iran _ is the thirteen in this list !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Chackavak, Very interesting what you said about Mr. Chomsky. As I did not know him, I looked at his website and blog: great, really great. Afterwards, I had a look on BBC regarding world government. Well, we have a saying here meaning every nation has the government it deserves. Meaning, if you want a good decent government, it can only happen if enough people are good and decent. Thanks for the hint. Georg

Anonymous said...

Dear Georg Thanks a lot for your comment What you said that people in a country deserve the government they have is completely true! And by learning more about the history we'll see that it has always been like this ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting the link of his weblog here.It's really great. I found out that due to the controversial nature of his writings and beliefs, over the years Chomsky has earned as many critics as he has supporters.

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy to read your blog.Nice simple and full of good points just like yourself best wishes